- You’ll be charged as soon as your parcel leaves our warehouse.
- If for some reason we’re unable to send your parcel, you will not be charged.
- The amount might be reserved for us on your account by the credit card issuer, meaning you won’t be able to use the funds for a short period of time.
- You’ll be charged once we’ve registered the incoming payment. Usually a payment is confirmed by PayPal within a few minutes.
- If we’re unable to send your parcel, we’ll be sure to refund the money to your PayPal account.
- The invoice payments go through our partner AfterPay. This means that you enter into a payment obligation with AfterPay. Payments to AfterPay must be made within 14 days.
- 7 days after placing your order you will receive an e-mail from AfterPay with the payment instructions.
- If it is the first time that you pay with AfterPay, do not forget to check your spam box first if you think you have not received this email. In the e-mail you will find a link with which you can pay your invoice online.
- You can also use the AfterPay app to pay your AfterPay invoice.